Mobius Digital, the developer for Outer Wilds has released a new patch update for the game.
- They’ve removed an invisible repelling force that is no longer necessary.
- Added menu for gameplay options that can be triggered by looking at the player suit in the ship after the first loop
- Visually revamped menu UI system
- Significant performance improvement on PS4
- Changed the clue in the Black Hole, again
- Sound no longer travels between Dark Bramble areas
- Fig backer satellite is now more easily accessible and less frustrating to explore
- Fuel and oxygen gauges in the ship cockpit now gives actual measurements.
- Tool tips added to gameplay options menu to describe each option
- Scroll bars across the game can now fully scroll top to bottom
- Improved dialogue UI to fit text better
- Asterisks in the ship log are now orange/yellow
- Visual effects improved for a certain sequence in the high energy lab
- Ash Twin hologram on the orbital probe cannon now has antenae
- Ship log picture changed from the High Energy lab mural
- Improved the lighting and added baked ambient occlusion to a certain nomai area
- The mesh geometry on the little scout now rotates to match the camera direction
Minor Fixes and Adjustments
- Fixed the archaeologist achievement that allows the players to get all ship log facts from Gabbro
- Not being able to look/rotate while using a nomai projection pool in zero gravity has been fixed
- Miscellaneous crash bugs are fixed
- Bug that occasionally made the geometry of the planet you’re on disappear has now been fixed
- Planet symbols at the Black Hole forge has been bixed
- Fixed the lake bed cave lighting bug that occurred when player enters in a certain way
- Player no longer slightly see inside the clouds on Giant’s Deep
- Slate and Hal’s auto conversation triggers can now deactivate if you talk to them manually
- The bug that occasionally vaulted the player upwards while jumping at a certain object has now been fixed
- A PS4 crash on the first visit to the Backer Satellite has been fixed
- A bug when the auto pilot tries to directs you towards something that does not exist anymore is fixed
- Bug is fixed for singularities
I’ll keep you all posted for any future game updates!