Once in a while Destiny’s services may go offline due to undergoing a scheduled and or an emergency maintenance or to update the address gameplay issues or add in-game features.
Upcoming Server Maintenance/Update Schedule
Wesnesday February 12, 2020
- 10:00 AM PST (1800 UTC)
- Destiny 2 background maintenance is scheduled to begin. No downtime is expected.
- 2:00 PM PST (2200 UTC)
- Background maintenance is expected to end.
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- 8:00 AM PST (1600 UTC)
- Destiny 2 will undergo maintenance for Hotfix 126.96.36.199. Some Destiny API features on Bungie.net, mobile and third-party apps will be disabled.
- 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC)
- Will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Should end at 9 AM PST when Hotfix 188.8.131.52 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC)
- Hotfix 184.108.40.206 will launch for all platforms and regions.
- 10:00 AM PST (1800 UTC)
- Maintenance is expected to end. Console players who encounter issues updating to Hotfix 220.127.116.11 should restart their console and try downloading the update.
More Important Information
Below is important info about Destiny updates/server maintenance that players may find to be helpful:
- Destiny Companion: Sign-in functionality and other Destiny companion services on mobile app, Bungie.net,, and third-party sites may be restricted or unavailable during the Destiny server maintenance periods.
- BungieHelp Twitter: On days in which Destiny is receiving an update or server maintenance, players can follow @BungieHelp on Twitter for updates on the process and timeline for the server maintenance or update deployment.
- Interrupting Downloads: Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading a Destiny update. If any issues are found and or the verification process is interrupted all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more.
- Error Code Cat: During maintenance windows, players may be returned to the title screen with Error Code CAT. These players should ensure they are taking the latest update before they resume playing.
- Connectivity Issues: Players encountering connective activity issues after maintenance has ended or are unable to log into Destiny when there is no planned maintenance impacting Destiny servers may need to attempt basic connect activity troubleshooting such as cleaning their console cache, power cycling their network hardware, or reading through the Network Troubleshooting guide.
- Update Availability: If the most recent update isn’t available for download player may be required to fully turn off their console and sign in once more for the update to become available.
- Maintenance Notification: Players that are signed in shortly before maintenance will get a notice via in-game messaging that a maintenance will be starting soon.
- Error Code Sheep: Players may encounter the SHEEP error code when they attempt to join a Fireteam in which any member has not updated to the latest version of the game. To resolve this issue have all players close out of the game and install the latest update.
- Updating Destiny on PC: Players that encounter issues installing Destiny 2 on Steam should visit Valve’s Update & Installation Issues knowledge base article.
- Manually Checking for Updates: For consoles that are taking an abnormally long time to begin the update process players can attempt to manually start the update process by using the consoles “Check for Update” option. In additionally, players might want to clean out the consoles caches if their console still doesn’t recognize an update is available. For more info check out the Updating Destiny Guide.