Attention Halo veterans and Halo newbies, you can now play Halo 2: Anniversary on PC via Game Pass PC (Beta), the Microsoft store, and Steam.
In this game Earth will never be the same. With the destruction of the Halo Ring, it slowed down covenant but it didn’t stop them. And now that the human military is scattered and crushed, the greatest enemy has gained a foothold on Earth. And the fate of the planet lies now in the hands of one man Spartan 117 also known as Master Chief.
Master Chief is now faced with overwhelming odds with the future of humanity on the line, he must rely on new weapons and unexpected allies to drive back the covenant and uncover a secret that’ll change the galaxy forever.
Halo 2: Anniversary is a remastered version of the original Halo 2 from 2004. This game is similar to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, players can play through an enhanced version of the Halo 2 campaign that features up to date visuals and audio, along with new Blur created cinematics.
The game also includes an updated multiplayer experience featuring remasters of 7 iconic Halo 2 maps, and several different weapons and power-ups compared to the original game. But, if you prefer to kick it old school players can battle through the original Halo 2 campaign or you can jump onto the classic Halo 2 multiplayer across a total of 25 maps.
- New spartan and Elite player customization model viewer
- MCC season progression System with new campaign challenges
- Mouse and Keyboard input support
- Customizable key bindings
- Variable Framerate Support
- Adjustable field of view
- Ultrawide and alternate resolution support
- Text color
with the release of Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo Master Chief Collection has also gotten a general update that includes the following features/fixes.
- Theater enabled for Halo: Reach and Halo 2: Anniversary (PC)
- Campaign challenges are now available across MCC (Console & PC)
- With this initial implementation, players can earn XP by completing campaign missions every week
- Various bug fixes and reported community issues
Along with the release of the game, PC players can find a few new Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary matchmaking options available in MCC. The initial ranked and social matchmaking options and modes are listed below:
- Halo 2 Hardcore: (4v4 with Hardcore Rules)
- Halo 2 A Hardcore: (4v4 with hardcore rules)
Halo 2 & Halo 2: Anniversary Social Games (Match Composer)
- Hardcore settings (1v1)
- Precision Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial (2v2)
- Precision Slayer, Auto Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action sack, Swat, and Snipers (4v4)
- Precision Slayer, Auto Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, Swat, and Snipers (8P FFA)
- Infection (Halo 2: Anniversary) (12p FFA)
- Precision Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers (8v8)
Finish The Fight:
Players on the PC will have a few different avenues to obtain the game:
- Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta)
- Microsoft Store & Steam
- Note: The Halo: Master Chief Collection bundle is available for $39.99, which includes the launch of Halo 2: Anniversary along with already available Halo: Reach and Halo: Combat Evolved and it’ll automatically update with the remaining titles as they launch throughout the year. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: Reach, Halo 2: Anniversary and the other remaining titles within the MCC for PC can be purchased individually for $9.99 but, Halo 3: ODST Campaign can be purchased for $4.99.